Coyotes: Hunter Straker will return to football

Hunter Strakker has been working in football since his playing days, but he’ll be returning to the game after all.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Strakkers future in the NFL is uncertain after being placed on injured reserve Saturday night.

“I don’t know how much longer we have to wait, but I hope that he is ready to go,” Chargers head coach Mike McCoy said on the team’s official website.

“I know he was working on his rehab last week, but the process is not complete.

We are not ready for that.”

As of Sunday morning, Strakks contract with the Chargers was not yet signed, but his agent, Bob Whalen, confirmed Strak’s return on the NFL Network’s NFL Live.

“We have a contract with Hunter Straki,” Whalens said.

“We have him on the active roster.

And, yeah, he will be back.”

The 27-year-old Strak has been an NFL journeyman since arriving in Los Angeles from the University of Southern California in the 2012 offseason.

He has played for the Arizona Cardinals, the Houston Texans and the Carolina Panthers.

He is the only NFL player with a multi-year contract with two teams.

The Chargers have had to deal with injuries in recent years, as the team lost safety T.J. Ward and defensive end Joey Bosa for the entire season, and the team traded for wide receiver Andre Roberts in free agency.

The team also lost wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald to a torn Achilles last season.

The Raiders were one of the teams to give Strak a shot, but it wasn’t long before he was injured.

Strak suffered a torn ACL in the preseason and didn’t play again until the end of the season.

He was released by the Raiders last week and signed by the Chargers in October of this year.

The Bolts traded Strak to the Arizona Browns in exchange for a 2017 second-round pick, and Strak is set to earn $3.5 million in 2018.